Sunday, November 2, 2008

Silly People



I went to another Objectivist lecture on Wednesday.  I would post about it, but I've been talking about politics way too much lately.  All I will say is I really enjoyed it, but I regretfully had to miss my TaeKwonDo class.
Last night at work a group of six very drunk people came in to eat some sushi.  I think it's very rude to show up to a restaurant already hammered.  They were pretty nice, except when they were ordering drinks.  One guy asked for a martini, but I told him we don't have a full bar.  Apparently this made him mad because he said "You're an asshole."  Well, I wasn't expecting that.  Now, I know he was drunk and I know he was kidding.  But he didn't say "sorry" or "just joking" or anything.  He just looked down to his menu and ordered a beer instead.  Fine.
Then today I was riding my bike to drop off movies at Blockbuster.  Just riding along.  Then this big bro truck drives by and yells at me.  I'm not exactly sure what he said.  All I heard was "(something something) fucking fixie, whore!"  Hm.  Okay.  Well, judging by his word choices, I don't think he was commending me on my excellent bike riding skills.  But I'm not sure what I did to upset him.  First of all, I don't think he was drunk because it was one 'o clock in the afternoon.  But if he was drunk this early in the day, I wouldn't be mad at him.  I wouldn't even pity him.  I'd just feel rather superior, to be quite honest.  Second of all, my bike isn't even a fixie!  It's a ten-speed!  And I use my gears, too.  If I didn't I wouldn't be able to get up that steep hill to get out of my complex.  And you know what, let's give this a third of all:  I did not look like a whore.  Not one bit.  I was wearing jeans, a wal-mart t-shirt and glasses.  I don't know what neighborhood he's from, but his red-light district must be very conservative.  
I didn't take either of these incidents personally or anything.  I was just shocked.  I don't understand how anyone can be so rude.  To conclude:  don't call me names because I will tell everyone about it and you will look just silly.    
Speaking of silly, Erin and I dressed like silly people for Halloween.  We watched Evil Dead and made cake.  It was loads of fun.






2 comments:

oohgravity said...

you look really hot in that 1st pic of you, and i laugh that you ended up calling it silly people.

Hannah said...

i looked like courtney love in the beginning of the night. then i wanted to move away from the whole slutty halloween costume convention. so i put on my grandpa's big shirt and a beanie and i just looked like a bum trying her hardest to fit in so she could get accepted into the ball.

i was s huge hit.

i wish i saw your police costume!