Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just to appease

My blog has been dying and I apologize. Not only am I realizing that being out of school does not necessarily mean being out of constant nagging, tedious Post-it note making, late nights, long days, and times when I think, "This is the busiest I've ever been," although that is never really the case...except for that one time I said it when I really was the busiest I had ever been, which is impossible to measure. No. Another reason I have neglected what I guess is called "A Mon Avis" is because I have become bitterly aware that some human beings actually read this thing and so now am self-conscious of what I write/share/reveal/detail. Even if it's nothing personal, I'll get insecure, thinking, "Someone will judge me for writing about ear wax." So I stop.

Pictures are always a joy to view, however. So here are some of my favorite recent shots...unedited...only because I hate taking the time to sit messing with color and contrast and brightness. And I feel like a liar when I do.

Another note: I will be doing quite a bit of traveling this month. So know that my excuse for not updating is valid.















3 comments:

Adam said...

I'm very glad to hear that you don't pimp out your photos with photoshop or some other form of digital trickery. I've come to the place where I don't really consider what many of those people do to be photography. It's possible to tweak the heck out of something until it just isn't the same picture that you originally took. It just isn't!

d said...

I completely agree! I was showing my sister the difference between a photo without irrelevant editing and then one where she just made the contrast really high...then she saw the difference. I think people, especially girls, started changing the brightness and contrast on Facebook and stuff because they figured out it got rid of their blemishes.

d said...

by the way, "d" is me, "hannah"....for some reason it's signed in like that and I can't figure it out