Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm full of it, but at least I'm full of something

I hate when people constantly talk about how busy they are, as if their filled agendas and mile-long to-do lists give them some sort of edge and excuse to go crazy. But I am going to be that person. In fact, I've been that person this whole semester.

For example, one of the hooks that holds up my shower curtain somehow ended up on the floor and every time I look at it I think, "I don't have time to pick that up." And it's been there since last Friday.

That's about all I am going to say right now. I will complain later about my crazy non-schedule, just a blur of people to meet and interview, pages to write, pages to edit, dogs to run, and friends that make me sit down and have a real, normal-paced conversation.

But I secretly like it. It makes me feel important. And staying up late makes me feel important. And waking up early makes me feel important. This is one of the reasons I want to live on a fishing boat. I can go to bed late telling stories about my tattoos and scars, then wake up early to make a weird breakfast and cast my lines. While everyone is on land, I feel so entitled to float on the water catching fish and eating it and bringing some home for people I like. Except when I do live on a boat, it'll probably be as a cook for the fishermen, because I'm not strong enough to strangle nets.

Don't ask how I had time to make this post.