Sunday, October 18, 2009

This man and this woman and this man and this woman and this man and this woman


All I know is that this is a collective wedding held in Korea. People from all over the world came to participate, although half of one couple participated a bit passively. Lucky guy.



This just reminds me of the marriage rush of people my age. I don't exactly understand if it's a trend that people follow, a mass of weddings must mean it is the right thing to do. So go for it. Or maybe it's because these young men and women don't know what else to do with their lives. Do they have no career goals? Nothing they want to do in the prime of their lives? I have a hundred things I want to do before I'm married. Granted, most things you can do single are things you can do married. But it's not the same. And I must concede that there are very many young couples in their early 20s who are ready to get married. My sister was one of them. She was 21 when she married her husband and both of them were ready. They had been dating for more than six years and they were just in the right place. And I can now report their marriage is nothing but bliss and cotton candy and pink muffin ponies. And an occasional bit of reality.

The top picture scares me. It's a good image of the graduating class of a Christian liberal arts college during any given year.

Some are ready. Some are not. My three readers, do not get married unless you can stay awake at your own wedding.

2 comments:

Sam Spencer said...

sound advice fully taken into account. buck the artificial trend!

Elijah Dove said...

I wouldn't have any problem staying awake, but I'm not sure I'd want to.